CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Faux rust - "Discover a World of Imagination" wallhanging

Hi, all my crafty friends!!!  This month (March) for CropChoclate's Design Team our theme was "nature."  When we got our assignment, I knew I wanted to try to do something with the shells, sand dollars, starfish, etc. that my daughter had found in Pensa Cola, Florida, while on vacation in 2007 . . . well, the starfish we bought the pier because the ones she had found were in bits and pieces.  

So since I knew what I wanted to use, I needed to come up with a way to display them . . . so off to my “treasure” box to see what I could come up with.  It is actually a box that I put things in there that I think I can use on something, sometime. But my hubby calls it my junk box . . . he just does not understand that everything in there will have a purpose eventually.


I ended up finding some metal roofing sheeting and scrap wood that I thought would make a nice frame and background, but I wanted to make the metal look “rusty” without having to buy something special.  Thanks to Christina here on CropChocolate, I found a way to do so.  So with the help of my dad (he cut the metal down to size and the scrap wood for me), I went to work.

Here's what I came up with:
Click HERE for instructions on how to make this project.

Once again, I absolutely LOVED doing this project. (I know, I say that every month . . . but it's true.)  And thanks to my friend, Christina, I learned a new way to make things look rusty.   

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment