CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 26, 2013

Faux Cracked Glass

As many already know, I was chosen once again to be part of CropChocolate's awesome Design Team.  I am honored to be a part of it.  This time Amber has split us into two (2) groups according to what our projects have been like in the past and what our DT submissions were.  The groups were "Altered Arts/Mini Albums" and "Layouts/Cards".  Imagine my surprise when I found out I was in the "Altered/Minis" . . . I always figured I was a "Layout" person.  But after going back through my DT projects last term and my submissions for this term, I guess I do do quite a few "Altered/Minis". :)

For our 1st assignment of the year (for January), our theme was "ice".  Hmmm . . . the possibilities.  Well, it came to me after looking out past my deck to our pond, as to what I was going to do.  I was going to alter a glass bottle using Rock Candy Crackle Paint and distress inks.  Here's how it turned out:


Here's some closeups:
Click here for instructions on how to do your own bottle.

This was such a fun project to do.  But if you want a fast project, this is NOT fast . . . you have to make sure everything is completely dry and cured before going onto the next step.  Believe me, I found out the hard way. lol  But as I have always said, "There are NO mistakes, only creative discoveries."

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment