CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 26, 2013

A year in review . . .

I thought for one of my blog postings for this new year, I would review each of the Design Team projects I did for my first term on CropChocolate (July 2012 - December 2012).

For the first month on the Design Team, our theme was "ombre".  And after much deliberation and experimenting, I came up with this layout and used a technique I call "burnt edges":

Click here for instructions on how I did this layout.

For the 2nd month (August), our theme was "Mosiac".  This was such a fun project to plan out and do.  I ended up using my quilting knowledge to come up with a formula to do this.  (Though I'm sure there is already something out there like it.)


And here's a 2nd layout I did using the same formula:
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to do both of these Mosiac layouts.

For September, our theme was "#D".  At the time, I was thinking, "Boy, Amber was really challenging us."  But that was okay . . . I really LOVED that part of being on a Design Team.  So after remembering a make 'n take I did several years ago in Florida, I decided to do a "Circle Explosion" album.  Here's how it turned out:

Here's a close-up of the sides:
Here's a close up of the wedges:
Click here for instructions on how to make a "Circle Explosion" album yourself.

For October, our theme was "Favorite Candy".  Well, one of my favorite candies are the boxes of chocolates with fillings . . . you know, the ones you do't know what is in the middle until you take a bite out of one or poke your finger in the bottom.  Not only do I love the chocolate, but I love the "surprise" in the middle.  So I came up with a "Secret Surprise Mini Album."   I called it a "Secret Surprise" because its "filling" (its pages) are made of a "secret" ingredient . . . toilet paper rolls!!  And because each page has a "surprise" in the middle . . . an extra tag for more pictures or journaling.  Here's what it looked like: 
Click here for instructions on how to make your own "Secret Surprise" album and for more pictures of this delicious little treat. :)

For November, our theme was "Thankful for".  As many know, I lost my hearing over 5 years ago and have just had a Cochlear implant installed and activated, bringing me back to the world of hearing.  So during this past couple of months as I've been learning "new" sounds, I started thinking how thankful I was to have had my sight and sense of touch during that time.  So for my November project, I wanted to do a project that would stimulate those senses, too.  Here's what I came up with:

Click here for instructions on how to make this wallhanging.

And for my final DT project of the year and for December's theme "Reflective of You".  After much thought, I decided to do a project that reflects how I try to live my life by using the word "J-O-Y" . . . Jesus (faith) first, Others (family & friends) next and Yourself (me) last.  And to add pictures of those who have brought "JOY" to my life.  This is something my grandmother taught me as a young girl and I have tried to live by.  Here's what my project turned out to look like:

Click here for instructions on how to make this paper mache project.

After going through my projects for the past six (6) months, I can't believe how much I have grown as a crafter . . . and how much fun I have had.  I can't wait for the next six (6) months on the CropChocolate Design Team.  And I hope you enjoyed reviewing the past six (6) months with me.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment