CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 29, 2013

"Eye Chart" with Crazy Quilt Border

Hi, all my crafty friends!  This month our theme for CropChocolate's Design Team was "Grandma's Quilts."  Well, when we got our theme for April, I was very excited because I LOVE quilts and quilting.  One of my favorite quilts is the Crazy Quilt . . . not sure why, but I think it is because there is no rhyme or reason as to what to use in it or how to put it together.  The fabrics used can be anything from silk to tweed to cotton to velvet. And because a variety of shapes and sizes of fabrics are used, too, there are a lot of decorative handstitching, ribbons, laces, buttons, etc. added to it.
 
With that in mind, I thought that I could come up with something similar but simpler that I could use as a mat for another project I had started a few months ago . . . an eye chart.

As many of you know, I spent the last couple of months dealing with issues with my eye, thus having to go to an eye doctor quite frequently.  One day as I was sitting there looking at the eye chart, I thought how it would be neat if the letters read would actually say something instead of just being random.  Thus coming up with my phrase “I am so blessed to have you as my daughter.”
 
So taking those two ideas, I went to work.  Here's what I came up with:

Click HERE for instructions on how to do your own crazy quilt border or project.

So what do you think?  I am really happy with the way it turned out. :)  Again, click HERE for instructions on to make your own paper crazy quilt eye chart or other project. 

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment