CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Faux Emboss "Happy Birthday"

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

How is everyone this fine Wednesday morning?  Me . . . well, I am hoping the rain goes away.  It's been raining for like forever it seems.  But the good thing is I get to wear my all-time favorite outfit - jean shorts and a sweatshirt.  Yep, it's been cool enough for sweatshirts.

Anyway, I want to share with you a card I did using some of my favorite papers from PaperTemptress along with some leftover scraps from a card I did a couple weeks ago and some dies.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
Rainstones from PaperTrey Ink
Wet Paint Die from PaperTrey Ink
Hexagon Die: Cover Plate from PaperTrey Ink
Scribble Die from PaperTrey Ink
Inks - Poppy Red, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest and Harvest Gold


I used a "practice" piece of paper from my Watercolor Splat card (click HERE for details if you missed that post) for the hexagons . . . I used the Hexagon Die Cover Plate for this, but I didn't take the hexagons out right away.  Instead, I took some Glad Press n Seal and placed it over the front and carefully lifted all the hexagons together, thus leaving exact spacing in between each hexagon and giving me the choice of which ones I would want to use.  I then applied my Helmars 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to the backsides of the hexagons that I was going to want to adhere to my card base and then press the whole sheet of my "press n seal hexagons" onto my card base.  After letting dry for a minute or so, I lifted up the press n seal and it brought up only the hexagons that I didn't put adhesive on . . . thus giving it a faux embossed look.

I then die cut my scribbles out of the heavy weight vellum and the "happy" (Wet Paint die set) from the Razzleberry 100# papers . . . and adhered to card.  Then using a label maker, I made a label saying "BIRTHDAY" and adhered it beneath the "happy".  Sprinkled some Rainstones here 'n there along with some miscellaneous gems and . . . VOILA! I was done.

This was a pretty fun card to make and not so messy . . . but if you wanted, you could use embossing paste with  the hexagon die cut trim as a mask and apply it directly to the card base.  I've done it that way before and it turns out nice, too, but this way is less messy. :)

Till the next time I'm up in the night.



0 comments:

Post a Comment