CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Clear It Out Challenge - Fancy Folds

Does anyone know what time it it?

That's right . . .

It's CHALLENGE time!!!

Time to put away the window cleaner (the windows are only going to get dirty again after today's rain), put away the vacuum (it can wait till tomorrow - lol) and get a snack or drink (mmm, some fresh tomatoes with fresh basil sound good right about now and then some chocolate & chocolate wine for dessert will craftin . . . and it's got to be 5 o'clock somewhere, right? lol) because it's time for a new challenge over at Clear It Out Challenge,  And once again, our amazingly fearless leader, Laura, has come up with a FUN challenge for us this week.  So let's get out our paper, scissors, and glue . . .

Are you ready?

I didn't hear  you . . .

Are  you ready?

Okay, IT'S CHALLENGE TIME!!!

Theme:  Fancy Folds
Stash:  Die Cuts

And you have 1 week to play (till Sept. 15th)

This week our sponsor is:

For this week's challenge, I decided to go a different route with my digi image (again) and chose a digi image called "Majestic Eagle Head" by StampArt by Kathryne.  So using paper from PaperTemptress, I decided to do a "side-step" card and used my star banner dies along with my scribble dies from PaperTrey Ink. Here's how it turned out:



Supplies:
Marchino Red twine from The Twinery

The first thing I did was practice my measurements and cuts for a side-step card to make sure I had them right and to make sure of what size I needed to print my image because I was going to change the color of my image in MSWord2013 software to a navy or dark blue and then printed it on some Vintage Silver Lustre paper from PaperTemptress.  Thankfully, it only took me two (2) tries. :)

After cutting my die cuts from both Lapis Luzali (navy) mica/metallic paper & Jupiter Red mica/metallic (text) paper, I put it all together and added the twine . . . VOILA!  I was done . . . and I was pretty pleased with how my FIRST (yes, FIRST!) side-step card turned out.  Now to decide who I am going to send it to.  Since my mother-in-law's birthday was today and I already made/gave her two (2) cards, I will probably save this for a "Thank You" card for her since she does like patriotic colors . . . but we will see.

Remember, you have one (1) week to get your "fancy-fold" projects posted in order to be eligible for the weekly prize, which is from StampArt by Kathryne this week.  I wonder how many types of folds you all can come up with?

 . . . I think I feel a "contest" coming.  Yep, I do!  I am going to give away either a $15 gift certificate or five (5) images from StampArt by Kathryne. (since she is our sponsor this week) or a $15 gift certificate to PaperTemptress (since I used all her papers) to one lucky winner. To be eligible:

(1)  Must be a follower
(2)  Make a fancy-fold project and enter it at 
Clear It Out Challenge Sept. 15th
(3) Comment here that you have done both of these things

The winner will be chosen by myself, my daughter and a friend.. . . we will each pick out Top 5 and whoever gets the most votes will win their choice of prizes from StampArt by Kathryne or PaperTemptress.  So . . . Ready-Set-Go!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.


2 comments:

Barbara Godden

Fabulous sidestep card, love the starsand the eagle is awesome.

BBQ Recipes

I really appreciate your post

Post a Comment