CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 9, 2014

HIMCR Blogiversary #3 "Back To School"

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

Do you know what today is?

That's right . . . not only is it the 2nd Saturday of the month, but it's time for a new challenge HIMCR's Hiding In My Craft Room's Blogiversary #3 challenge.  HIMCR is 5-years old!!!  And to celebrate it, we are having five (5) challenges this week.


So HIMCR's Blogiversay #3 challenge this week is "Back to School".  I can hardly believe it's about that time already. :)

The sponsor is Digi Digi Doodle

For this challenge, I did two cards using the same images - "Smiling Apple" and "Welcome Back to School" sentiment by Digi Digi Doodle;  Here's how they turned out:

Card #1

Card #2

For 2nd card, I tried a different technique I learned on YouTube on making your copic coloring look like crayon coloring.  I did this by first coloring the apples with 3 different shades of reds, being careful NOT to blend.  Then I took blending solution and appied to a Q-tip . . . then brushed the Q-tip across the apples, one at a time.  I did this till I got the look I wanted to achieve.  Those it was a long process, I love the results. 

Remember, you have one (1) week to get your HIMCR Blogiversary #3 projects in in order to be eligible for the weekly prize.  And HIMCR Blogiversary #4 challenge will be up in one hour (2pm CST) . . . please make sure to stop on back!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.



1 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee

Wonderful back to school creations. Like the apple face,
The HIMCR #3 & #2 challenges indicate they do not start until 8/16 which is really the end date & there's no linky for them.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Post a Comment