CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fudge Lover's Cream Cheese Cake

The other day I decided to do some baking and was having a craving for chocolate.  So I decided to make a "fudge Lover's Cream Cheese Cake" that I had when I was at a scrapbooking retreat in St. Louis . . . it is chocolate, upon chocolate, upon chocolate with fudge frosting.  Is your mouth watering yet?

Anyway, a few of my fellow CCers from CropChocolate requested the recipe and also requested I post it on my blog so they could pin it.  So here I am typing away . . .

Fudge Lover's Cream Cheese Cake


Cake:
1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist devel's food cake mix
1 box (4-serv size) chocolate instant pudding mix
3/4 cup hot water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs

Filling:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Frosting:
1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark or nonstick pan).  Spray bottom only of a 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.

In large gowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 2 more minutes; scrapping bowl occasionally.  Pour into pan.

In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 egg with electric miser on medium speed until smooth and creamy.  stir in chocolate chips.  Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over op of batter.  Using table knife, swirl filling through batter.  Sprinkle with nuts.

Bake 47 to 55 mintes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool completely, about 1 hour.  Spread frosting over cooled cake.  Store covered in refrigerator.


Pretty easy, don't you think?  If you don't want so much chocolate, you can also use a Betty Crocker SuperMoist Yellow cake mix and/or Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting.

Till the next time I'm up in the Night.  Kathy

4 comments:

LauraEva

OK---YUM!!! Definitely going to make this for my gang!!!

Thanks!

michib

Oh my goodness - this looks incredible!! I may have to try it! and I think I may already have most of the ingredients at home.

michib

Oh my goodness - this looks incredible!! I may have to try it! and I think I may already have most of the ingredients at home.

Lucy E.

Sounds delicious and easy! My kind of recipe!

Post a Comment