CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2012

Challenge #24 and #25

As I looked back thru my blog postings, I noticed that my postings for the last 5 CropChocolate challenges did not post . . . I had them scheduled but for some reason they didn't post?  Whatever the reason, I'm going to rectify that tonight by revising and combining a couple of them so there's not so many at once.  And then  publishing them ASAP.  :)

For Challenge #24, we were allowed to do anything we wanted.  Since I was way late in getting a birthday card made for my sister-in-law, I decided to make one for her and use it for this challenge at the same time.  Here's what I did:


Supplies
CC Products: 
"Note to Self" paper collection by EP
Tan/Brown EP cardstock
twine from JilliBean
button from Fancy Pants
Walnut Stain distress ink
Black Soot distress ink
Snake Tape 

NonCC: White cardstock; stamp from Skipping Stones Design; 
and Milk Chocolate Liquid Pearls

I got inspiration for this on Pinterest . . . I had been trying to thing of a way for the watermark stamps I had ordered. I only used 2 inks for this (Black Soot and Walnut Stain distress ink). For the 1st ring, I used both inks to get it dark, For 2nd ring, I used Walnut Stain and then for the lightest ring, I also used Walnut Stain, but I stamped it first on scrap paper to remove some of the ink, then stamped the 3rd ring. (I didn't clean stamp off after each time so I'd get a "dark" part around the edge of each ring). 

For Challenge #25, we needed to do something with "Banners".  Originally, I had this ready to post when I realized I forgot a button or a bow . . . I tried to find something but nothing looked right. So I went with a tiny bow made from twine on my journal box. Still not sure if I like it, but I used temporary adhesive, so I can take it off if I decide I really don't like it. :)  Here's what I came up with:


Supplies
CC Products: 
Used the following from Playground Collection by Echo Park -
"Journaling Cards" (orange & journal box)
"Monkey Bars" (stripe)
"Capture the flag" (blue/banner)
& "Kick the can" (arrow)
Snake Tape
Tombow Adhesive
Walnut Stain distress ink
twine from MME
American Crafts precision pen 

NonCC: "Atlantic" Tattered Angels glimmer mist; "Cantaloupe" Liquid Pearls; 
and Super Stock from Canadian Scrapbooker

I got inspiration for this 1st from Jasmine with everything at an angle and also from a LO I saw in Pinterest using the Playground collection. 

Well, what do you think so far?  I'm going to get a couple more postings combined for later today.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment