CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2012

Challenges #26 and #27

As I stated in my previous posting, I noticed that my postings for the last 5 CropChocolate challenges did not post . . . I had them scheduled but for some reason they didn't post?  Whatever the reason, I'm going to rectify that tonight by revising and combining a couple of them so there's not so many at once.  And then  publishing them ASAP.  :)

For these next few challenges, I used some layouts I did while I was in St. Louis for a scrapping weekend at Memories on Marshall wth my friends Tigerberry and &Raebae . . . They are even more fun in person than they are on the CC board.  And so encouraging!!!

For Challenge #26, we were to combine old and new to create something beautiful, fresh and current!  Here's what I came up with:




Supplies
CC products:
Everyday Eclectic paper collection by EP
Walnut Stain
Tombow adhesive
tan bazzill (cardstock grabbag)
and misc. eyelets 

NonCC: Crop-a-Dile (I borrowed one since I had not received the one I 
ordered from CC yet); misc. eyelets/brads; circle punches


Even though this LO isn't quite finished . . . I need to put journal strips on but have to wait to get new ink cartridge in the AM. But I decided to go ahead and post. As I stated earlier, I did this LO over the weekend at Memories on Marshall . . . Raebae liked it so much she scraplifted it right away. :) My old was using my small crop-a-dile with a few old eyelets and my new was the paper I just got from CC before I left for the weekend. (Oh, this is now finished with the journaling strips.  AND Yes, this is the layout I used for my "Scraplift" challenge, too.)


For Challenge #27, we were to create a project that was rainbow inspired with some bling.  The picture I used is one of my daughter when we were in St. Louis at Union Station.  It was taken a few days before I was admitted into the hospital for a bone marrow transplant . . . knowing I was going to be in there for at least 30 days and had to live in St. Louis for 4 months or so, we wanted to do some "fun" things so she would have "fun" memories about St. Louis, not just "My mommy is sick" memories. Here's what I came up with:



Supplies
CC products: 
"So Happy Together" by Echo Park
Jenni Bowlin red rub-on alphas
Glimmer mist in "Red Nosed Reindeer
sweetheart ink (red)
snake tapeand Walnut Stain distress ink 

NonCC: Glimmer Mist in "Summer Glow" and misc. rhinestones


Since the picture was such a silly one, I wanted to use fun & bright papers.  I also flicked the background with some glimmer mists and inked the edges with Sweetheart ink (red) to give it an even more "happy" feel to it.

Well, what did you think?  I was pretty happy with the way these turned out.  Even more so that I came up with them totally on my own by using sketches I drew before going to St. Louis . . . that really helped me to get LOTS of layouts done over the weekend.  Any other time, I may only get one or two layouts done, but not this time.  I was also amazed because Tigerberry, Raebae and Lynnette (one of their friends, now a new friend of mine) were so much fun, I didn't think I'd get much done . . . so I was pleasantly surprised.  Can't wait for March 2013 when I get to visit with them again at Memories on Marshall.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment