CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 3, 2014

HIMCR - National Scrapbook Day #1


Fo you know what today is?

That's right . . . it's National Scrapbook Day!!!  And to help celebrate NSD, Laurie at Hiding In My Craft Room has put together five (5) challenges for you to participate in.  The will be announced at different times throughout the morning/afternoon.

These first challenge of the day is to do a scrapbook page.  And the sponsor is:

The giveaway is a $100 in DCWV goodies!
And there will be 3 winners!!

How exciting is that?!?!

For my layout, I started out with a kit from The Scrapbook Diaries.  And even though I had lost the instructions, and by the time Janene got me the corrected link to the video tutorial, I was done with the layout, I am not going to claim this as my original work . . .though I do now I added things on my own that were not included in the kit.  Here's how it turned out:


This LO is of me and my daughter . . . we had our pictures taken while she was having her senior pictures done.  It took the photographer less than a minute to get the four (4) photos . . . it was click, comment, click, comment, comment, click, comment, click.  It was so funny because one of the comments she said to my daughter, "You know, you can at least act like you love your mom" (teasing her about hesitating putting her arms around me . . . and as it turns out my favorite photo is the one of the two of us laughing at the photographer's comments.

Anyway, since I didn't have a picture or instructions and I didn't take time to go back to look at the tutorial, I am not sure how close my LO is to the one from the kit (I couldn't even find anything similar yesterday when I went back to find a link to the kit), I do know it is different in several ways.  With kits from The Scrapbook Diaries, EVERYTHING is included even the sprays and mediums.  Well, one that wasn't included in this kit was gesso and I used gesso on this layout to help soften the edges  . . . a technique I learned from another artist from The Scrapbook Diaries last year.  I also added more flowers from Petaloo from my own stash along with some more gems and sprays.  And I didn't use a lot of the supplies given in the kit . . . but out of respect to Janene from The Scrapbook Diaries, I am not going to list the supplies I did or did not use.

(5/3/14 1:06pm - NOTE: After going through my order receipts and comparing LOs I have done, kits in my orders and photos at The Scrapbook Diaries, I think I found the name of kit and of the designer of the kit I had used - "Love You" by Celine Regnier . . . but it is NO longer available from The Scrapbook Diaries.  I then "Googled" both name of the kit and the designer and found a picture of it on Pinterest. Click HERE if you would like to see it. From looking at it, my layout is different . . . what do you think? :) I think I did a pretty good job with NO instructions, picture or tutorial. Even though the original kit is NO longer available, you might be able to contact Janene at The Scrapbook Diaries to see if she would be able to put something similar together or even let you purchase just the code for the tutorial video.  

Remember, you will have one week to get your NSD projects in to be eligible for the prizes . . . and there will be individual prizes for each NSD challenge.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.

1 comments:

designermc

Kat, I love this page. Great pictures
Nancy

Post a Comment