CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Clear It Out Challenge - Vintage

Do you know what time it is?

That's right . . .

It it CHALLENGE time!!!

Once again, it's challenge time over at Clear It Out Challenge.  And Laura, our amazing leader, has come up with another AWESOME-TERRIFIC challenge . . . so easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.  So get out your paper, glue, scissors . . . and let's get crafty!!!

Are you ready?    

I didn't hear you . . . 

Are you ready?

It's CHALLENGE time!!!

Theme:  Vintage
Stash:  Pearls (real, liquid or faux)

You have one week (till May 26th) to get your projects in.

Our sponsor this week is:

This week I decided to use an image called "A Robin's Christmas" from Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet (created by Delicious Doodles).  After seeing this image, I knew it would be perfect for a vintage card . . . and knew I wanted to do it in a sepia (or aged) tone and then focus on just the front two (2) images in the image to color . . . to make them stand out more.  Here's how it turned out:


To change this image to a sepia tone, I opened it into my photo software (though I have done the same thing in MSWord 2010 by changing the "picture line color") and changed it to sepia (major aged) tone. Then I printed it on Iridescent 89# Cryogen White paper from The Paper Temptress because it would give the image a little shimmer . . . it is hard to get a good picture of the "shimmer" but it is there.

Then using my Distressed Markers in Bundled Sage, Barn Door, Wild Honey & Tea Dye, I colored the first tree and the robin.  I used "Watermelon" Liquid Pearls for the ornaments to give them a bit more dimension and texture.  Then using White Crepe (Ruche) and Dark Chocolate Mica/Metallic paper also from The Paper Temptress, I matted the image and layered it a bit more.

Remember you have one week (till May 26th) to get your projects in to be eligible for the prize from Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet.  Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.


2 comments:

Crafty Judith

Morning Kat fabulous card hun hugs Judith CIO teamie x

Barbara Godden

Oh my goodness this is soooo so gorgous. I tried to change mine to sepia too but I couldn't figure it out. I hope your tips helped me. Beautiful card.

Post a Comment