CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 25, 2014

HIMCR - #134

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!  

Here it is the 4th Saturday of the month . . . 
and do you know what that means?  

It means it is once again time for a new challenge at Hiding In My Craft Room.  And since it is the 4th Saturday of the month, it means it is a "freestyle" challenge . . . so this week the challenge is to do a project "For Someone You Love".  And I am here to encourage you to get out your paper, scissors and glue so you can join us for this fun challenge. Remember, you have one week to submit your project(s) on HIMCR to be eligible for a gift certificate to Template Dreams.

Template Dreams let us chose a digi kit to play around with this week . . . and I chose to play with "Relaxing by the Sea" kit.  Originally, I was going to do a layout, but for some reason my printer would not cooperate with me.  It would start to print, then stop and restart . . leaving me with multiple "strips" of paper.  So I eventually gave up and decided to do a card with my paper "strips".  Here's how it turned out:


In addition to the digi paper from Template Dreams, I also used metal gems and a sentiment stamp from Close To My Heart on this car.  And honestly, I am happier with this card than I think I would have been with a layout.  What do you think?

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy 


2 comments:

Lucy E.

I love your card! Sometimes, our best laid plans have to be modified, in crafting and life! How are you doing Kathy? I sure miss our old favorite hangout, CC. Our Cocoa Creators group on Facebook is ok, but it's so much bigger than CC. Plus there are are several CC people who didn't join fb.
Hope you are keeping warm-it's very cold here in Chicago.

Barbara Godden

Great card, made the best out of a situation. WTG.

Post a Comment