CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 28, 2013

HIMCR #130 - Anything BUT Christmas

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

I hope and pray everyone had a VERY Merry Christmas this past week . . . and are now getting ready to ring the new year!!!  

Here it is Saturday once again and do you know what that means?  Well, since it is the weekend after Christmas, it means that most of you are either getting geared up or resting from a day or two of "After Christmas" shopping. It also means it is time for another AMAZING challenge at Hiding In My Craft Room.  Usually, it is time for "Freestyle" week, but since so many of us are so done, done, done with making Christmas cards, Christmas candies, Christmas cookies, Christmas shopping, etc.,  this week's theme is "Anything BUT Christmas".  

And I am here to encourage all of you to put away your car keys and wallets . . . and get out your scissors, paper and adhesive so you can join us for this fun challenge. Remember, you have one week to submit your projects on HIMCR to be eligible for the weekly prize. 

Originally, I was working on a layout to share today.  But due to the busyness of the holiday, I decided to share a birthday card I made.  I did one similar back in June ("Polka or Not to Polka"), but since I liked the colors and sketch so much along the stamp that I used, I had to make it again.  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies:
Red cardstock
"Trend Setter" paper collection by Fancy Pants
"Aquaduct" Core'dinations cardstock
"Birthday Blueprint" stamps by Tim Holtz
"Quote" stamps by Tim Holtz
Twinkling H2Os - African Jade and Deep Coral 
" Rouge" Liquid Pearls
"Caribbean" twine from The Twinery
Gems & Pearls from Vintage Findings by Teresa Collins
misc. button

Usually, I just use a small brush when using my Twinkling H2Os . . . but this time, I also used  a "detail" watercolor brush in the smaller areas.  It helped me so much with the small detail areas and kept my "painting" from looking like a kindergartner . . . it helped me stay in the lines.  As I mentioned before in another post, I usually spray my Twinkling H2Os 3x with water and let it set for a few minutes to "activate".  If you don't do this, your color will be watery . . . not very vibrant.  

So once again, I am happy with my "make it again" project . . . is there a project you have made again and again?

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

2 comments:

D-

Kathy I LOVE your card. LOVE the colors, the layout and the polka dots. That is a great stamp.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
(new follower)

Barbara Godden

Great Birthday card, love it, all those polka dots wow.

Post a Comment