CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 14, 2013

HIMCR #128 - Super Scraps Saturday

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!  

Here it is the 2nd Saturday of the month . . . 
and do you know what that means?  

It means it is time the Super Scraps Saturday challenge at Hiding In My Craft Room.  And I am here to encourage all of you to put Christmas baking and get out your scraps so you can join us for this super uber fun challenge. Remember, you have one week to submit your projects on HIMCR to be eligible for 3 digital stamps from our amazing sponsor, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  (I just realized something . . . it's SSS at HIMCR and our sponsor is SSS. Hmmm.....)

Anway, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps gave us some AMAZING digital images to play with this week.  I will admit that the following card is not the one I started out with . . . and that is because as I was typing up my blog post and trying to list what products and paper I used, I realized that some of my scraps were digi paper (and not from Sweet 'n Sassy---Oops!)  So back to the drawing board . . . and here's what I came up with:  


For this card, I chose "Cocoa's Christmas Tree" digital stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps . . . isn't he so adorable?  You can even get this same image as a clear stamp in "Cocoa Christmas" clear stamp set (comes with 2 images and 6 sentiments).  Isn't that GREAT!?!?

Anyway, at first I had used all scraps from "Very Merry Christmas" paper collection by Echo Park . . . but I messed up on resizing my tree paper, so I had to open a new pack of the same paper to get a full sheet of the tree paper.  Yes, I said a new pack . . . for those who know me and where I have bought a lot of my paper, understand how I may have 2 or more sets of different paper collections.  Right, my fellow CCers?  For my image, I colored it with my Copics---YG63 & YG67 for the tree, C1 & C3 for the mouse and R000 & R11 for his ears & nose. I used Smooch Pearlized Ink in yellow for the star. And for the ornaments & garland, I used Stickles in Christmas Red and Silver. I also distressed my paper with Walnut Stain distress ink and used Helmar's Scrap Dots to give more dimension to my layers.

All-in-all, I am VERY happy that I had to do a new card because this one turned out even cuter than the first. I think I may do my own Christmas tree this year in a two-tone theme . . . yes, I am late getting mine up this year.  But my family and I plan on doing it this weekend. :)

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy 



0 comments:

Post a Comment