CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 5, 2013

They're not just for "markers" anymore . . .

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!

I'm here today to share with you a great digi-stamp that I received from Get Inky! stamps for being their Guest Designer today as they "Monday Mojo Mention"... actually it for the FIRST ever Monday Mojo Mention. Yay!!!  Let me tell you when I found out I was going to be a Guest Designer fro Get Inky! stamps, I was over the moon . . .  I just LOVE their stamps and have several sets.  And I have just started getting in to digi-stamps, so it was even better when Thia told me I could use one of their digis for my project today.  Also, today is the start of another challenge on Get Inky! Challenge blog and the theme is ribbons . . . so if you haven't had a chance to join in on the fun, what are you waiting for?  Click HERE for more information about their challenge(s). And click HERE for more information about "Monday Mojo Mention".

I chose "Funky Flowers" because I really felt . . . well, "FUNKY". :)  This digi stamp came as one with four (4) flowers on it . . . but I decided to cropped each flower and use them individually and make a set of notecards with them.

knowing I wanted to inspire at least one (1) person, I decided to use something other thanmy Copics to color them to color my images.  I decided I would use both Twinkling H2Os and Liquid Pearls to color or "paint" each flower. So the first thing I did was print off my images by inserting them into a word document and then adjust my margins so I could print (two (2) images on one (1) piece of paper and have two (2) notecards.  After coloring my images, I used some of my Close To My Heart sentiments and ink to stamp them . . . added a bit a twine and "Voila!" I was done.  Here's how they turned out:





I am so happy with how these turned out even though I did keep the CAS (clean and simple).  I did this because I didn't want to take away from the wonderful "funky"ness of the flowers. :)  Did I achieve my goal?

Thank you, Thia, once again for asking me to be Get Inky!'s Monday Mojo Mention's Guest Designer (now say that really fast three times - lol).  :)  I had a GREAT time working with this digi-stamp. And thank you to all my friends for checking this out today . . . and if you haven't checked out Get Inky! stamps yet, PLEASE do!!!  You won't be disappointed . . . their acrylic stamps are of the highest quality and their digi-stamps are fun to play with.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

4 comments:

by belle

What a versitile stamp!! Great cards Kathy!!

Julie Odil

These are fantastic, Kathy! Congrats on your guest DT position!

Lucy E.

These turned out so pretty, Kathy! I won this set for commenting on a blog hop. I will have to play with them :-)

Tigerberry

Love your variations.

Post a Comment