CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tag - Cherish the Ones You Love

Click HERE if you arrived here from Clear It Out Challenge.


Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

I want to share with you a tag I did when I was "playing" around with some new supplies . . . Shimmering Rain Mists and Studio 490 Embossing Paste.  (If it looks kinda familiar, you are right . . . the background is similar to my ATC "It's Okay 2 Change. I got the idea of embossing & inking from making this tag . . . just in a mini form.)  Click HERE if you would like to see that ATC.


For the background on this tag, I embossed it with embossing paste and, once it was dry, inked it with Seedless Grapes, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain distress inks.  Stamped it with a Tim Holtz stamp (can't remember the name and it only has #s on the acrylic). The sentiment was printed from my computer, cut and inked.  For the lace ribbon, I inked it with Seedless Grapes distress ink by inking my splat mat, misting with water, and then picking up the "ink" with the lace.  Once dry, I gathered it and glued to tag.  Then I used my Zig marker to do faux stitching.  

After adding a few more items, I then missed it with Gold Ice Shimmering Mist.  Once dry, I added two (2) final touches . . . doodle (or faux stitch) around edges and flicked China Black Twinkling H2O.  Reason I did the Shimmering Rain before the doodling is because if I did that VERY last, the doodling would have bled . . . believe me, I know from experience. :)

All-in-all, I am happy with this tag considering it was an experiment of sorts since I had been just "playing" around with new supplies.  What do you think?

Challenge(s) entered:
Hiding In My Craft Room - thread/stitching (real or faux) 

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

3 comments:

Melanie Rozwood

This is a wonderful tag. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

by belle

Nice tag Kathy!!

Barbara Godden

Awesome tag. I love all the elements and so wish I had the talent you have to design a mixed media project.

Post a Comment