CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Clear It Out Challenge

It's that time again . . . time to get your crafty on, empty out your stash bins and join us over at Clear It Out Challenge blog for our new challenge.  Iif you are like me, you have been super busy lately and are ready to get your crafty on.  And what better way to get started than with a challenge . . . right?  So once again, our wonderful "boss" made the challenge super easy, peasy . . . but FUN!!  Are you ready?!


Okay, it's challenge time!!!

Theme:  Summer Vacation
Stash Item:  Rub-on or stickers

You have 2 weeks (until August 19th) to play this time.

Our sponsors for this challenge are:

Click HERE to see their fun images.


Click HERE to see their fun images.


Click HERE to see their fun images.

One of my fondest memories of a summer vacation was when I was a child going to the lake with my family and fishing.  So when I saw this digi stamp (Sunbonnet Fish2) from Bugaboo Stamps, I knew it would be the perfect stamp for this challenge . . . plus would make a perfect card for my dad who is an avid fisherman. :)  Here's how it turned out:

Supplies
"Surf's Up" paper collection from Close To My Heart
"Chocolate" Liquid Pearls (for worm)
rub-on from Making Memories
Copics
Shimmering Rain sprays

Since I didn't want to try coloring my "sky", I mixed Ice and Turquoise Shimmering Rain sprays to come up with a VERY light blue . . . I then masked off my image and lightly sprayed the background.  It is hard to see in this picture, but believe me it is there.  And to give the worm a bit more dimension, I used Chocolate Liquid Pearls.

Since I am still trying to find my "style", I had decided to try to do more of a CAS (clean and simple) card this time.  I think I did a pretty good job of it.  What do you think?

Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy






2 comments:

by belle

Super cute Kathy!

Karen (karey2005)

Very cute! Sweet and simple....and your worm is perfect!!

Post a Comment