Many of you have heard me talk about VLVS! lately . . . and that they were have a Design Team call going on. Well, those who know me, know that I like to try even if I know my "style" probably isn't the style a company is looking for. I like not only like to do it for the experience, but it gives me an excuse to play in my scrappy place. . . . okay, who am I kidding? I don't "need" an excuse to play. lol
Anyway, even though I had placed an order for some of their awesome stamps, I decided to go ahead and use what I have along with some other stamps in my collection since I was unsure if my new stamps would arrive in enough time for me to do three (3) new projects . . . I know what you are thinking, "You could have pulled an all-nighter or two to do it." Sorry, but I am NO spring chicken anymore. lol
The first project I want to share is a layout of my niece, BriAnn. I got my inspiration from UmWowStudio's business card . . . I LOVE the color scheme of turquoise and black. :) I used VLVS! chevron stamp along with UmWowStudio's chipboard polaroid frames.
I also used Studio 490 Embossing paste with a stencil I made on my Cameo. Then I painted it with turquoise paint. The film strip washi tape is from Trendy Tape and the brick washi tape I got from PaperIssues on their Etsy site. I also used the new solid color twine in Charcoal from The Twinery . . . but it was a bit too thick for the look I wanted, so I unraveled it since it was 4-ply. To finish it off, I splatted some turquoise paint along with Silks Black Ice acrylic glaze. I really like the way this turned out.
My second project is a tag I started about a month ago. I had been playing around with my Faber Castell gelatos . . . well, as much I could considering I only had the blue tone and green tone sets. But once I got the background done, I knew it would be perfect for my UmWowStudio chipboard cattail. I used pearlized ink for the stems and flocking in nutmeg for the the tops. I also used a script stamp (not sure of brand) and the small Spotted Butterfly from VLVS. Here's how it turned out:
The third project I want to share is a canvas I did using tissue paper, stamps, archival ink, modeling paste, paint (willow, light green, antique linen, espresso and black), chipboard and twine. I used a music note stamp (same set as the script stamp from above, but no name with them). I also used the small Spotted Butterfly by stamping it on tissue paper and adhering it on top of the modeling paste then layering watered down paint on top of that. Though it is a bit difficult to see in the picture, I was trying to get the washed out effect . . . which I think I did. Here's how it turned out:
Well, "That's it folks!" . . . wish me luck!!!
Till the next time I'm up in the night. Kathy