CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Double Apricot Bread

Last night I was in a baking mood.  So I made some Double Apricot Bread that my hubby had asked me to make sometime.  Boy, did it smell good while baking.  And it tasted even better. :)

A few of you asked if I would share the recipe.   So here it is:

Double Apricot Bread

1 (16 oz.) can apricot halves, drained
3/4 c. flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 beaten eggs
1/2 c. milk
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 c. dried apricots, snipped

In blender, blend apricot halves till smooth (or puree them).  Set aside. In large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.  In another bowl, combine eggs, the apricot puree, milk and oil.  Add to flour mixture, stirring just till combined.  Stir in dried apricots.  Pour into 2 greased 8x4-inch loaf pans.  I used 4 small loaf pans (Pampered Chefs 4-in-1 loaf stoneware).  Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or till toothpick, inserted near center, comes out clean.  Cool in pans 10 minutes.  Remove from pans.  Cool completely.


Pretty simple, isn't it?  One thing I didn't do (well, my hubby didn't do) . . . he didn't let the bread cool completely before slicing some to eat.  He sliced it right out of the oven and it didn't harm it one bit. :)  So if you just can't wait for the bread to cool completely, that's okay . . . the kitchen police will not come pounding on your door. lol  

Enjoy!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

1 comments:

Karen (karey2005)

I'm making this tomorrow. Super yum! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Post a Comment