CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chalenge #38 - Home is Where the Heart is!

This past week on CropChocolate, our challenge was "create a project which contains an image of a house or the word home or both.  For added challenge, use something found in your house - twine from garden, string from toolbox, bottle cap, pull tab from soda can, etc. This is not a requirement but just an added element."

After reading that, I knew exactly what I wanted to do . . . well, I knew that I wanted to use a stamp set I purchased a couple of years ago, but haven't had a project to use it on yet. :)  After thinking about it, I decided to do a small wallhanging. I used cardboard from a CC order box for the backing for extra support and for the extra challenge I photo-copied a page from my dictionary (w/ the definition of "home"). Then I used my "new" stamp sets that are called "layered" stamps on this . . . first you either stamp the outline, then the inside or vice versa.  Here's what I came up with:

Supplies:
CC Products:
Box from CC order
White cardstock by Carte Bella
Kraft cardstock by Carte Bella
Distress inks-Black Soot, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, 
Broken China, Worn Lipstick and Walnut Stain
Snake Tape
NonCC: dictionary (photocopied onto white cardstock); 
"Dwelling" and "Nature" by Studio Creative Layers Stamps (clear & foam); 
"Dark Taupe" chalk ink by Colorbox; and pop-up Glue Dots

I thought it turned out pretty cute.  What do you think?  Though this isn't a very big wall hanging, I think I'm going to put it up in my living room . . . well, actually on the post between my living room and dining room.

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

0 comments:

Post a Comment