CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 25, 2012

Challenge #18

Here I am once again up in the night . . . and thought I'd check the status of my blog.  Has it already been 2 weeks already since I put up a new posting?  WOW!  I apologize for that . . . don't you just hate it when life gets in the way. :)

Speaking of life, remember back to some of my NSD projects . . . well, I won one of contests.  I won "Strike up the band"  Challenge #7 - make something with an accordion base.  I had made a file with lunch sacks as the base . . . it's listed under "What a week" in May.  I won $35 in Silhouette download cards.  Can't wait to get them and buy more images . . . well, probably alphas since I'm addicted to alphas whether they are rub-ons, stickers, thickers, die cuts, etc.  Doesn't matter . . . I love them all!!

Anyway, you all know that I just love CropChocolate and that each week they have a Challenge.  I've been doing them and sharing them here . . . well, I didn't share #16 because I feel it still needs "something".  Though, I did post it for the challenge . . . maybe I will post it here and see what suggestions I get for it.

Anyway, for this week's challenge, Challenge #18, we were to create a project using the following items: - a stamp - bling - an embellishment that you typically wouldn't use.  I immediately thought of "glitter cuts" for an embellishment that I typically don't use.  They have come with several paper collections from Fancy Pants, but I haven't been able to find a use for them.  Well, this challenge pushed me to find something . . . Here's what I came up with . . .



Supplies used:

CC Products:
 "Off to School" paper by Fancy Pants
"Off to School" glitter cuts (my normally don't use item) by Fancy Pants
Dear Santa rhinestones (my bling)
Making Memories Magnetic Stamp & base (my stamp - "Oct 2003"
Walnut Stain distress ink
Snake Tape.

I got inspiration for this layout from PageMaps. (I just LOVE PageMaps . . . Thanks to NinaN for telling me about them . . . well, actually, she had used them on several LOs of her own and I was so impressed with her layouts that I checked out PageMaps and decided I just had to have them. Plus, they have new ones posted each month on their site.)  

I used the Fancy Pants "Off to School" Mega Collection for the layout which included the paper and the glitter cuts . . . it also included (but I didn't use ) chipboard alphas, tissue flowers (?) and chipboard stickers.  When I got this collection, I just knew I had to use it with some school pictures . . . I think it turned out pretty good.  I hope you do, too. :)

Till the next time I'm "Up in the Night". Kathy


0 comments:

Post a Comment