CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Challenge #16 - "Let's get INKY"

Here I am once again up in the night . . . and thought I'd go ahead and share my project for CropChocolate's Challenge #16 "Let's get INKY".   Scrappy Canuck and BethD488 came up with this challenge which was "Do some spraying, misting or flicking of paint, ink, stain! Let's get messy!! It can be with commercial or homemade products as long as it is applied in a spray or mist, or by flicking it on with something like a watercolour brush.


This sounded like so much fun and so messy!!!  I couldn't wait to get started on it . . . so I put aside my other projects I'm working on and got to work.  But I had one problem . . . I went blank.  Nothing was turning out the way I wanted . . . so for many days and nights, I just walked away with my head hung down low wondering how long this "freeze" was going to last.  


Well, thankfully, it only last a few days . . . this past weekend I put together a graduation card for my cousin which thawed my freeze. Yey!!!  So to work (actually, play) I went.  I decided to challenge myself again to using papers I received in my numerous cardstock grab bags from CropChocolate.  I found several different sheets from "It's the Little Things" by Fancy Pants (hence, I also found my title).  Getting some inspiration from PageMaps, here's what I came up with:


(Full view)


Supplies from CropChocolate:

"Spring Fever" from ITLT by FP
"ITLT Strips" from ITLT by FP
"Shuffle" by ITLT by FP
6x6 "It's the Little Things" paper pad
"Note to Self" cardstock by EP (Tan
Making Memories Shimmer Alpha (black)
"It's the Little Things" brads by FP
Lush Orange Rhinestones by MME
Buttons by BBP (BazzillBasicsPaper) in Neutral 
Brad Jackets by BBP in Intense Orange
Snake Tape
Black Soot Distress Ink.   

Non CC - BBP Alpha Stickers in black; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Marmalade" and "Lily Pad"



A brief rundown on a few things I did:


I sprayed Glimmer mist on my background ("Spring Fever" - the script). I cut 1" strips of "Shuffle" (black w/ white polka dots) and adhered them to "Spring Fever" (the script), making sure the dot pattern matched up.  I misted the black paper after I cut it into strips . . . found it didn't curl as much.  Misting can also be done after adhering the strips to the script.

(left side)
For the orange gingham . . . I used the orange gingham on the "strips" paper since I didn't have a full sheet of it and I matched up the pattern.  (If you look real close, you can see where.)

(right side)
I cut various sizes for my photo and journal mats . . . 3x3, 4x5, 4x6 . . . so I could fit many photos on my layout.


(close-up of flowers)
For my flowers, I used my Cameo to cut them.  I adhered the black flower first, then with the green and tan flowers, I used my fingernail to curl up the petals to give it a little "umpf". Then adhered that layer along with the brad jackets and buttons.

(close-up of paper "ribbon")
For the paper ribbon, I cut a strip at 1/4".  Sprayed with water, crumpled it and then let it dry . . . this way it made the wavy part.  You can also do this by just using your finger or a pencil and using pop dots to help make it wave.

Well, I hope you like my project.  Sorry for no photos on it yet . . . I couldn't decide on which photos, plus I needed to take a few more to put on this page.

Till the next time I'm "Up in the Night" - Kathy










1 comments:

SharonDoesBaskets

Really nice layout, Kathy. I love how the dots around the page make the dots on the bottom flower layer POP! :)

Post a Comment