CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 17, 2014

An Oldie, but a GOODIE . . .

Hi, all my crafty friends and family!!!

How is everyone doing this fine Fall day?   Pretty good here.  The weather has actually been nice the past two days . . . low to mid 60s during the day and 40s at night.  Not too bad . . . plus, it's been the weather to get a Salted Caramel Latte from Starbucks.  I have been "patiently" waiting for it to get cool enough for me to have the warm drinks from there . . . okay, not so "patiently". lol

Anyway, today I want to share a project I did for PaperTemptress .last week  . . for some reason it didn't post here on my blog like it should have, so I'm adding a comment or two to update it and will get it posted here shortly.

The project I did is an "oldie but a goodie" project . . . candy bar covers.  It's one I've done many times over the past couple years and give to friends and their children.  I especially LOVE to make them during the Halloween season . . . plus, with this one, it helps me use up some of my smaller PaperTemptress scraps.  


This is such an "easy, peasy" project as one of my on-line friends would say. Just take a 6x6in piece of patterned or solid-colored paper and wrap around a regular size candy bar (I used Hershey's Milk Chocolate) and then decorate it.  

For this project I used my bat punch from EKsuccess and punched four (4) bats (two for each candy bar since I layer them for more definition) from my scraps of Onyx Mica/Metallic paper from PaperTemptress.  Then layered them and added googly eye. The sentiments are some a friend from my LSS had leftover . . . and VOILA! I was done.

I've also used orange paper to make it look like a pumpkin or strips of torn white paper inked to look like a mummy . . . and I just did another using Green Ruche paper from PaperTemptress to make Frankenstein.  The possibilities are endless. I've even done this on mini-candy bars.  So cute in a little candy dish. :)

Hope you have been inspired to do your own fun candy bar covers 
. . . have a GREAT day!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.
Challenge(s) I would like to enter:
Craft My Life - Anything but a card
D.L.Art - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes

5 comments:

Zoe

Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love

Sam Lewis
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam Lewis

Oooh now WHO can resist chocolate, with or without the super duper special wrappers!

I love the choice of papers you've used for these. Thankyou for joining our challenge over at the Craft My Life - All Crafts Challenge blog !

xxSAMxx
www.thecrippledcrafter.blogspot.com

May

Fabulous Halloween gift idea, love the papers....Thank you for joining us at Craft my life... Hugs May x x

Shelly

These are just fantastic!!! Love the papers you chose!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas!
Shelly

Post a Comment