CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Clear It Out Challenge - Tag It!

Does anyone know what time it is?

That's right . . . 

It's CHALLENGE time!!! 

Once again, it's challenge time over at Clear It Out Challenge.  Time to clear off your scrappy space where ever that may be :), get out your paper, scissors and glue . . .   and get your crafty on. Because as usual, our amazingly fearless leader, Laura,  has come up with yet another INSPIRING challenge for us . . . and it's so easy, peasy!!! So again, get out your paper, scissors, glue  and . . . 

 Are you ready???

I didn't hear you . . . 

Are you ready???

Okay, it's challenge time!!!


Theme:  Tag It!
Stash: use a tag or make a tag

And you have 1 week to play (till June 16th)

This week our sponsor is:


For this week's challenge, I chose a digi image called "Pretty Wings" by StampArt by Kathryne. I chose this image because I love butterflies and the many meanings that can go with them.  After remembering some tags I had made and had leftover, I went to work and came up with this:

Supplies:
"Pretty Wings" by StampArt by Kathryne
cattail chippie from UmWowStudio
Silks Acrylic Glazes - Sunburst & Teal Zircon
Emerald paint/glaze from Creative Imaginations
black drawing ink (for "splashes")
"Nutmeg" flocking by Petalsoft
metal art by Studio K
Kraft corrugated paper by Fancy Pants
Super Stock by Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine
Paper from Paper Tempress -  

I used the Creative Imaginations paint/glaze on my cattail chippie (from UmWowStudio) along with the "Nutmeg" flocking.  The background of the tag had been painted with Silks Acrylic Glazes in Sunburst & Teal Zircon . . . and I printed my butterfly in different sizes on another piece of paper I "created" using different glazes and glimmers mists (Sorry, but I didn't have those names written down anywhere, but it was yellows, orange and bright pink, if that helps.)  Added my "Imagine" metal art and a few splashes of black drawing ink . . . and VOILA! I was done.  

I was so happy to get "inky" again while still using a digi image that I've decided that I'm not going to add a card base to this project.  Instead, I am going to make two (2) smaller pictures and attach all three (3) together for a wallhanging . . . it will be the PERFECT size for the column that divides my dining room, living room and hallway.

Now remember, you have one (1) week to get your projects in. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with this week!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.



1 comments:

Barbara Godden

Stunning card, love the glaze on the cattails, great tag, I need to try that technique. super sketch and great colours.

Post a Comment