CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 14, 2014

Get Inky! - Challenge #7 Use Bleach

Hi, all my Get Inky! friends!!!

How are you all doing on this wonderful day of LOVE?  I'm doing pretty good here . . . my hubby surprised me with a box of my favorite chocolates today.  I haven't had them in over a year because they are imported from Europe and there are only 3 stores here in the US (2 of them in Des Moines).  So I was VERY excited . . . and now I need to find a "hiding" place so my dear daughter doesn't try to eat them :)  lol

Today over at BMC Crafting Station Challenge (aka Get Inky! Challenge), there is a new challenge starting . . . using bleach!  (But for those who don't want to use bleach, there will be an alternate challenge.)  It was so much FUN stamping with bleach . . . and there is a LOT of information out there on how to do so.  

Here's a few things I found out - not all cardstock will turn out the same and not every cardstock will work with bleach.  In fact, I tried using some Co'ordinations cardstock and it did NOTHING! Another thing is do NOT use a lot of bleach . . . put some paper towels in a flat plastic container and then add enough bleach to just dampen it.  If you think you got too much, then take another paper towel and dab it on the damp towels and use that to "ink" your stamp.  Oh, one VERY important thing - do this in a well ventilated area. If you want more information, just Google "stamping with bleach" . . . as I said, there is a LOT of information out there.

I decided to use my "Sew Sweet Cupcake" stamp set from Get Inky! by BMC Crafting Station to stamp a background for my card . . . and since it is Valentine's Day, I did a Valentine's card.  The cardstock I used was American Crafts Cardstock and the Vintage Valentine if from KP&Company. Here's how my project turned out:


I also used some "Crystal" Stickles on the hearts and bows to give the little girl a little extra something. :)

Now remember, you have till Wednesday to get your project in at BMC Crafting Station Challenge in order to be eligible for an AMAZING prize.

Now let's GET INKY!!!!

Till the next time I'm up in the night.  Kathy

2 comments:

Crafty Judith

Fabulous hun love it might just have a go and enter this challenge have a great day x

Barbara Godden

Awesome card, I haven`t done that technique in a long time.

Post a Comment